Home-Made Skin Toners
Our face and the overall skin is like a mirror to others- people can guess a lot of things about us without even knowing and just by seeing our face. And, no, they don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to do that! For example- dark circles around the eyes are very common signal that we had a bad sleep, pimples can tell about our poor digestive system and many more. But the worst signal is perhaps the wrinkles on our face that signals the aging- almost all of us, hate it.
It’s really hard to accept aging as natural and once we’ve achieved that strength of emotion, yet we love if people find us younger than we are. Even the strictest nun can’t deny this. And, the matter is same for men also- although, their signals are pretty slow compared to ours. So, what can we do?
Of course, there are surgeries, medicines, injections, creams- I mean, there is hardly a person who doesn’t know about these things. But can everyone afford to risk their skin like this? For god’s sake, it’s you skin- not a Ginipic! Honestly, women used to be more gracious and elegant and definitely more beautiful in earlier times when the use of chemicals was nearly zero. They were very much closer to nature and could therefore accept every gift from nature as well. But our life has changed. Well, that doesn’t mean that we can’t look gorgeous. We can do plenty for our skin as well- completely naturally.
Toning- means making the skin look light and not dull as well. By regularly toning skin, one can take the signs of aging far away than where it should be and of course, can ward off few years. After all, it’s always better to prevent than cure. In my blog, I always promote ayurvedic or at least, non-chemical ingredients for skin care. Not only because they are cheaper, but also because they leave almost no side-effects. Today, I will share some tips regarding the wallet-friendly and skin-friendly ways of toning skin. Let’s find out what they are:
- First of all- cold water. Nothing is as easy to find and use than cold water. It works wonder for toning the skin. Wash you face with simple cold water as many times as possible and your skin will look fresh, hydrated. It will feel soft and smooth as well.
- Next is- lemon/ lime juice. This amazing ingredient help removing the age spots, wrinkles, acne, acne spots and tones the skin beautifully. Take 1 tsp of lemon/ lime juice and gently spread it all over you face except the eye circle with the help of cotton balls or your clean fingers. Wash with normal water after about 10-15 minutes.
- Rose water is another common ingredient found in the pantry. It is also a very good toner.
- Yogurt– I can’t swear any stronger about anything else. It’s like a panacea for all types of skin problems. You can also mix a little bit of grated cucumber to make pack even more efficient.
- Egg white– amazing and perfect for skin toning. The everyday food item is so easily available and yet, so marvelous for toning the skin! Whip up 1 tsp of egg white in a bowl and the best way to apply it is with you fabulous fingers, but make sure to clean them before applying. Wash off with normal water after about 10-15 minutes.
- Potato– this exotic vegetable is a great toner. Take out the juice of one medium size potato- grate the potato and apply it on you face with your clean fingers and wash with normal water after 10-15 minutes. An interesting fact here is, you can use the grated flesh of the potato for removing the dark circles around your eyes as well.
- Green apple– it’s has got the same benefit and way of using just like the potato.
- Mint leaves– soak a handful of mint leaves in a glass of hot water. After sometime, filter the leaves out and let the water with mint leaf extract cool down. Use it on the face. You can save it in the freezer for future use as well.
- Green tea– it can also be used in the same way as mint leaves.
All these ingredient are easily available in our kitchen. They are both wallet-friendly and skin-friendly. If you have a dry skin, just add some honey into the packs before using them. People with oily skin can use a bit of lemon/ lime juice with each pack.
Remember to be regular, drink plenty of water, exercise and sleep well.
Have a healthy and beautiful skin.
Take care 🙂
- DIY Mask: Home Remedy to treat Acne, Acne Scars, and Dry Skin. (beautyguru98.wordpress.com)
- Skin Care Routine (krisabyss.wordpress.com)
- Disappointment of the Month: Etude House 7 in 1 Wonder Pore Freshner (givemeacuppa.com)